The Junior curator/project manager will be responsible for the following (summary), with reporting to the head curator Dr. Jasmin Kossenjans.
EVENT PLANNING- BEFORE THE EVENT. Feb-March-April. About 3 days a week. Does not have to be in Venice, but must come regularly, and have SKYPE weekly update meetings.
– Curatorial planning support (installation practicality, keeping in mind it is an historic building)
– Help identify corporate sponsorship (companies) and initiate a dialogue
– Help in recruiting interns from local Art/architecture schools in Venice, and be team head (4 people – 6 people). The interns report to the project mgr.
– Understand the curatorial needs of each artist, with an execution plan. Help solve any problems the artists may have (mainly logistics, tools for install, etc).
EVENT PLANNING PARTY (full Time in Venice)
– Support + delegate in organising the opening 17th May (we have 3 openings days parties).
– SUPPORT DURING THE EVENT (part time, does not have to be in Venice).
– Organise tours to the show. Promote the exhibition
– Ongoing PR efforts
– Organise curatorial tours and courses (more information later once website is finished).
POST /closing (OCTOBER 2017)
– Help co-ordinate uninstall and wrap up and logistics.
With a cover letter; two references, CV ; a portfolio with images of previous curatorial projects. After the first round of interviews, the candidate will be asked to submit a tentative curatorial plan for the exhibition based on the existing guidelines and list of artists.
Position is suitable for candidates with an education within the arts, proven curatorial track record, and strong project management skills . Knowledge of Italian is desired but not mandatory.
Deadline: 10 December 2016
please applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject : Jnr Curator/project position