Job Type: Part-time
Arte Ponte seeks a Curricular Designer and content delivery expert to design course materials in the field of Art Management for online learning, with materials also adaptable to in-classroom settings.
This is a part-time contract position with the current contract for the initial planning phase of the project only. Contingent upon funding and planning phase outcomes, work may continue to deliverables under a separate contract. The initial planning phase is scheduled to take 3 months. The individual in this position can be based anywhere.
The Curricular Designer will work with the Arte Ponte Senior curator and Director to design supplemental curricular materials for a collection of arts case studies. The process will be guided by principles of innovation and cutting-edge design. The Designer will have a mind not only for content delivery, but also for elegant design, fresh perspectives, and synthesis of themes and content. This individual will have the latitude to design a suite of higher education classroom materials from inception to implementation and will be encouraged to use new and untested approaches to the design work.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following knowledge and skill sets:
- Has experience working in higher education
- Ideally is familiar with arts administration education and related disciplines.
- Has extensive knowledge of multimedia software/hardware and tools (video, audio, digital imaging, lecture capture).
- Possesses a high comfort level with and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Is able to develop and conduct flexible training for people with a wide variety of technical knowledge.
- Possesses strong technical writing / documentation skills.
- An innovative and progressive outlook regarding higher education instruction and teaching materials.
- The ability to distill educational content from several sources and create impactful instructional content.
- Proven project management skills and experience with seeing projects through from beginning to end.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- The ability to work independently and also collaborate effectively with people of varied backgrounds.
- The ability to remain flexible and change course based on new feedback or information.
- Demonstrated success in applying new or emergent design principles to higher education curricula.
- Has knowledge of best practices in educational technology.
- Is able to work with others in a respectful and collegial manner; a sense of humor a plus!
Interested individuals should send a CV/resume and letter of interest to Jasmin at Jasmink@arteponte.org. Individuals may be asked for work samples and/or references as part of the interview process. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right person for the project is identified. No phone calls, please.
Our mission is to represent college and university graduate and undergraduate programs in arts administration, encompassing training in the management of visual, performing, literary, media, cultural and arts service organizations. ArtePonte was created to provide a forum for communication among its members and advocate formal training and high standards of education for artists and professionals. The Association, moreover, encourages its members to pursue, publish, present and disseminate research in arts management and administration to strengthen the understanding of arts management issues in the academic and professional fields.